The Management Committee has been trying to find a way of still running the 2020 QLD Resident Snooker, Billiards and Women’s events, using a fair format and in a safe environment.
After lengthy discussions and with great regret, due to the continued COVID 19 restrictions we, unfortunately, have decided that this is not possible and these events will not be held in 2020. **UPDATE** THE 2020 RESIDENTS WILL NOW BE HELD**
We can advise that we have been successful in securing Major Sponsorship again from the Clem Jones Group for the 2021 Dr Clem Jones AO Queensland Open Snooker Championship.
However, as the event is a National Ranking event, and due to the current border restrictions, it has been decided that it will be postponed to a later date in 2021.
The event will not be held on the Australia Day long weekend as planned.
We will keep an eye on the border restrictions and will plan a new date early in 2021.
Thank you all again for your continued support, and please stay safe during this time.
QBSA Management Committee
We hope you are all well and safe during this time. With the recent statement released by the ABSC (click here to view), and after speaking to clubs about their current situation and plans to reopen with the reduced government restrictions moving forward, we have decided the following:
The Club Leagues will not resume in 2020 and the current Seasons have been cancelled.
Any Club League rounds that have been played will still incur Team fees and invoices will be issued as per normal.
2020 QBSA Membership for both Clubs and Players will be rolled into 2021. If you have already paid for 2020, this will also cover your 2021 fees.
QBSA Membership Cards will not be printed in 2020 and will start in 2021.
In regards to tournaments, we hope to hold our State Residents Championships (Snooker, Billiards, Women’s) by the end of 2020 if possible. However, these may be in a different format than in previous years. More details will be released regarding this moving forward as we know more.
We are also looking at holding our AGM by the end of 2020, possibly in November, but this may be limited to delegates only in person with others able to dial in to listen. More details will be released as we know more.
We hope that all clubs can reopen and resume social play as soon as possible in a safe manner and by following the current government guidelines. As mentioned in the ABSC statement, we recommend you visit the Sports Australia website and follow the toolkit which provides information and resources to help players and venues safely resume activity when they are allowed to do so. The toolkit is available here https://www.sportaus.gov.au/return-to-sport
A cuesports specific guideline package is being developed by the ABSC currently, and we will send out once completed.
Thank you for your continued support, and please continue to stay safe during this time. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
QBSA Management Committee
The Australian Billiards and Snooker Council today announced that all snooker and billiards events will be cancelled until the 30th June 2020.
As the ABSC is our governing body, and as we also have a duty of care for all members, officials, guests and spectators, the Queensland Billiards and Snooker Association will be following the ABSC recommendation by doing to the same to all of our events, effective immediately.
This includes stopping play of both our current Billiards and Snooker Club Leagues until further notice.
Should the situation improve, the Club Leagues may be resumed to their completion later in the year and may result in our Club Zone Snooker League not being run in 2020. We will assess the situation later in the year regarding this and then will work out any fees related to the Club Leagues.
This immediately impacts the following upcoming QBSA events:
If you have already paid entry into these events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your bank details and we will issue a refund.
As we do not know how this situation will develop, we will not be guaranteeing that these events, or any future impacted events, will be rescheduled in 2020.
Our upcoming 2020 Annual General Meeting may still be able to go ahead via an online video conference. We will be emailing our current registered affiliate clubs shortly to discuss this option further. **UPDATED 19.03.2020 – The 2020 QBSA Annual General Meeting will be postponed until after the current restrictions have been lifted. All current QBSA Management Committee positions and QBSA Appointments will remain as they are and the new positions will be backdated to the original AGM date of the 26.03.2020.**
While we cannot enforce that our affiliate clubs also do the same regarding their events, we strongly recommend that they follow the directive from the ABSC and the QBSA regarding this matter. Please contact your local club for more information about club events moving forward.
The QBSA Management Committee will continue to monitor the situation and will provide any further updates to this situation, whether it be the restriction on events being removed or extended.
We appreciate your understanding and support during this time and we will hope you and your family remain safe.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Please see the full statement from the ABSC here: https://absc.com.au/general-news/2020/3/16/absc-position-on-covid-19-virus
|RANKING||PLAYER NAME||CURRENT||PREVIOUS||2020 CLEM JONES SNOOKER||2019 QLD RESIDENTS SNOOKER||2019 CHIPS LAWRENCE SNOOKER|
|75||Ka Ki Yeung||10||0||10|
12-month rolling ranking system for Snooker, Billiards and Women. The following event types will be counted for each list:
Snooker = Any open snooker, and the QLD Residents, or an event that has been sanctioned to receive QLD ranking points.
Billiards = Any open billiards, and the QLD Residents, or an event that has been sanctioned to receive QLD ranking points.
Women’s = The combined total of earned State Snooker and State Billiards Ranking points, plus points earned for Women only events that has been sanctioned to receive QLD ranking points.
Nominating and playing in a tournament
Round of 64 – win or receive a forfeit
Round Robin Stage and Round of 32 onwards – each frame won or received by forfeit
Round Robin Stage and Round of 32 onwards – win or receive a forfeit
Each break of 50 or more
Any unseeded player defeating a 1-8 seeded player
Any unseeded player defeating a 9-16 seeded player
We are happy to announce that due to the recent reduction in the Queensland COVID 19 Restrictions, we believe we have found a way to safely and fairly hold this year’s event. Our plan is also to hold the Billiards and Women’s Residents and more details will be released about these soon.
A big thank you to the venues who have agreed to host the event under their current COVID 19 Safe Plans. Please make sure that you follow all guidelines stated by each venue.
Details regarding the tournament can be found on the Tournament Poster and the Conditions of Entry are listed below.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The tournament will be conducted under Australian Billiards and Snooker Council Playing Conditions unless a different condition is listed below or on the tournament poster, and all matters pertaining to Player’s Code of Conduct will be adhered to.
2. Pennant standard dress is required at a minimum and must be worn for all games. (Collard shirt or Polo, dress trousers and dress shoes). Failure to comply with this condition will result in forfeiture of the match.
3. Entry is open to both males and females who are Associate Members (Registered Player) with the QBSA.
4. All Entrants will be fully seeded into Groups based on the current Queensland Snooker Ranking list. If a player does not have a Queensland Ranking, they will be randomly drawn into the remaining positions.
5. If the defending Champion enters the event, they will be granted the Number 1 Seed.
6. After the Group Stage, the knockout brackets will be re-seeded based on the final results. Players tied on Match Wins and For & Against, the tiebreak will be the current Queensland Ranking position.
7. The match format of the tournament will be a minimum of Best of 3 during the Group Stage and Best of 5 for the Knockout Stage. This will be determined by the Tournament Director after all entries have been received.
8. Depending on the number of nominations the tournament will commence 9:00 am each day.
9. Entries will only be received via SMS. Full payment of the $25.00 entry fee, payable to the Venue Tournament Director, will be required before the start of play during the Group Stage.
10. All matches will be self refereed except for the Semi-Final and Final. Any disputes will be handled by the Venue Tournament Director and their say is final.
11. All players are to report to the Tournament Director 15 minutes before their scheduled starting time and are to be ready to play at this time.
12. Any player not in attendance at the scheduled starting time will be penalized as per the tournament directors discretion. After another 15 minutes has elapsed, the absent player will forfeit the game. This also applies to players not correctly attired at the game starting time.
13. This entry form constitutes part of the conditions of entry. Changes may be made at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
14. All players may be subject to a drug test according to the ABSC Anti Drugs Policy.
15. No prize money or sponsorship will be awarded for this tournament.
Due to COVID-19, we have decided to roll over any current 2020 QBSA Associate Player Memberships into 2021. Anyone who has already joined in 2020 or joins in 2020 will automatically become a 2021 QBSA Associate Player Member (Membership expires 31.12.2021). We will not be issuing any QBSA Membership Cards in 2020 and will start to issue the cards in 2021.
You can complete the Membership Form on this page and make payment via Online Credit Card or Bank Transfer. Membership will not be confirmed until full payment has been received.
If you are a current financial member of a QBSA Affiliated Club:
If you are not a current member of a QBSA Affiliated Club:
Some error has occured.